Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

When does Premium Tax Credit end?

OK, I've been on Obamacare for three years. I was retired, excellent health, didn't think I needed insurance, but with the mandate, I reluctantly signed up. Thankfully, I was enrolled when I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer 2 years ago! Now, I'm recently married and my Tax Credit is going to end because my wife has the option to add me to her policy(with a premium increase of over $300/month). So, the question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere: When does the tax credit END? I called the Marketplace and was told I'd have to cancel my plan online to see the options. I want to keep my excellent coverage as long as possible, but at this time I can't afford the $1200 premium without the subsidy. After grilling the lady for a while, she said I had 30 days from the "life change event" and it was pro-rated to the day I made the change, but it looks like it it's done on a MONTHLY basis on the IRS 1095 form. Married 10/10/2020, want to keep my plan as long as the tax credit exists, may have to go without insurance for a while. Looking for the exact date I should report this change-NOW, or 10/30, or 11/10, or??...Thanks!