Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

Will any health insurance suffice for individual mandate?

The plans on Healthcare.gov will be very expensive in 2018 the cheapest one will cost me $400 a month and I'm trying to find a way to save my hard earned money. I did find some plans on https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/ehi/st/all-plans that cost about $30. Do those plans meet the individual mandate requirement?

Comments

No, and those "plans" being offered are junk.  I'm sure that as part of the fine print disclosure that is thrown at you before you fork over your money there is a line about how this is not an ACA-compliant plan for the purpose of the tax required for not having such a compliant plan.