Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

Doctors participation in ACA

As an entrepreneur tugging along on a shoestring income & budget in california sf-bayarea, i was elated when i got a PPO-Silver plan for my family for a good price through covered-california exchanges.  But my happiness is short lived when i found all our my earlier PPO/Cobra doctors reject this insurance saying they are not participating (stating their own reasons). Now the search for participating doctors has become a nightmare and i am left scrambling for other affordable healthcare options. I feel cheated with such a health insurance plan and it has no value if doctors do not honor it. The doctors directory provided by Insurers is very poor, not-upto-date and confusing.  Do patients have any options in correcting this situation? Is this the weakest link in the ACA? This looks like the revenge of doctors/insurance-providers on ACA to me.

Comments

Well this is something that I think that we will see a lot of variance in, probably depending on a lot of factors.  I think that in an industry like health care, you really do have people with different motivations, so we might see home more affordable options and more doctor participating though, but some it will always depend on if they are getting paid, so I am not really sure what to expect.  It will be interesting to see where it takes us.