Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

How can I get a true estimate of what Obama Care will cost me if I retire early?

I have been ill several times the past 3 years, very sick. I will be 64 in June 2016. I would like to find an estimate of what Obama Care will cost me if I retire young. How?

Comments

It depends on your income and other situation.  What will your "dependable" income be (i.e., "dependable" means pension, spouse's regular income, etc.)?  What do you expect your total income to be (i.e., capital gains, rental income, taxable IRA events, etc.)?  What is your state and family situation?  Do you have a spouse that gets insurance through her employer?
    Well I am betting that there is a lot of foresight and guessing that goes on with a decision like this, but I am hoping that there are services in place that can help you.  I say that because I know of a lot of family members that are thinking of the same things, and I hope that everyone in the situation can get some answers.  Best of luck.
  • I think this depends on a huge number of factors. Things like, how many years total have you worked? What were your wages like? Things like that is what determines how much you get when you  retire. I would call and find out.