Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

Uninsured down from 16.1 to 9 percent

edited December 2015 in Obamacare Debates and Opinions Posts: 8
I saw this pic posted on Facebook.  Are these stats true?  If so, I think it's good evidence that Obamacare is working:

Tagged:

Comments

I am not sure if they are true. But being forced to purchase anything or pay a fine is unconstitutional. I don't think the plan is awful, it's a good start. If the president is requiring all people get healthcare, however, the government should figure out a way to provide it like other countries have. 

And it's not just the government who should be responsible. Americans could be more helpful starting at the top with the CEOs who should offer their employees good, affordable insurance plans all the way down to the average Joe who should be a productive citizen and employee and be able to purchase their own insurance. 
  • I do not believe that this is true.  I do not feel that Obamacare has dropped the uninsured rate as much as is stated in the diagram above.   I found an article that gives a more accurate picture of how Obamacare has helped or not helped each individual state.  The address is  https://wallethub.com/edu/rates-of-uninsured-by-state-before-after-obamacare/4800/.
  • It's statistics like this that make me wonder why people hate Obama care so much. Is there anyone here who could bother explaining this to me.
  • I can't say whether it's true or not. But I have my opinions on it. First off, I do not hate Obama care. In fact, I think it can and has truly helped some people who actually need it. However, the problem is not with that. It's with the people who need it yet can't afford it. Instead of helping them and giving them healthcare they need as a human, or trying to fix the cost of doctor's bills, it is instead forcing people to get insurance they probably can't afford anyway. That, is why people hate Obamacare so much. That and the fact it has made insurance more expensive for the average already insured person.
  • Also, does it really count as a good thing, when poeple are literally financially forced to be insured these day? It almost seems like a totalitarian type deal to me.
  • Well, in retrospect, how can you use uninsured tallies then, if the uninsured are choosing to be so? If we didn't have a law that forced it, the statistics would be skewed anyway.
  • I agree, the only reason the numbers are down is because they are basically twisting the arms of Americans to buy their product. No wonder more people are covered with insurance. They have managed to scare the heck out of people that do not know any better, to buy their insurance. It is unconstitutional and the government is being a bully.
    People having insurance is a good thing. The more people who are insured, the lower healthcare costs will be. The reason why hospitals charge outrageous amounts for simple items is to make up for the cost associated with treated the uninsured. For example, $10 for an ibuprofen.

I'm not saying that Obamacare is a perfect solution, but it's a great start.