Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

Did you seek help from an Insurance Agent?

edited November 2015 in Obamacare Debates and Opinions Posts: 13
I am meeting with a local insurance agent tomorrow to discuss the plans that came up as options for me on the HealthCare.Gov website. I have used this agency in the past for various employers and found them very helpful but I'm not sure what questions they will have for me now that I'm not representing an employer strictly myself. If you met with an agent was it easier for you or did you feel you ended up over insured?

Comments

• I met with the local insurance agent and she was very helpful. I explained my circumstances both medical and financial and she helped me choose a plan that met the most of my requirements. I highly recommend going to an agent rather than purchasing directly from the web. It takes a little time but costs us nothing and it could even save you money when you are able to pick the "right plan" for you. I would never want to have to fight an insurance company because I thought I was getting something that I did not. There is no winning that battle so I hope I have chosen correctly and everyone else does also.
  • Good! I'm glad she helped you and you figured it out.
  • I'm glad you were able to get help! I used to be a health insurance agent(although on the provider side) and it's best to discusss your options before you make a health insurance choice. Great job!