Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

How will restaurant owners deal with ObamaCare?

Looking for opinions on how restaurant owners will deal with the Affordable Care Act.  Will it be more cost effective for them to simply pay the tax instead of providing a Health Insurance plan for their employees?

Restaurants, or any small business for that matter, with fewer than 50 full-time employees do not have to offer health insurance to their employees. Keep in mind, if you have part-time employees, those will be added up and converted to a "percentage" of a full-time employee, too.

We're seeing that the penalty per employee will be $2000 if you must offer coverage, and don't choose to.

More details here: https://www.hoopayz.com/healthcare-reform/how-will-obamacare-impact-part-time-workers/
    Thanked by 1darrenwitmef
  • Well, I know that McDonald's and other fast food restaurants have just cut all their employees back to 28 hours or less so that they don't have to worry about it. Thanks a lot Obama! You just made it so I can't get full-time hours and pay my bills. It's bad enough that in this economy the best job I could get was McDonald's...now this just added insult to injury. 
  • Hi @Hedgehogjenni:

Thanks for your information on this subject.  Comments from others working at McDonald's, or other fast food restaurants, like Taco Bell, Wendy's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., etc.?