Obamacare Forum on Facebook Obamacare Forum on Google Plus Obamacare Forum on Twitter Obamacare Forum on LinkedIn

Greetings Obamacare Debater

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

ObamaCare Forums are non-partisan. Ask questions, find information, discuss & debate about the Affordable Care Act, and please remember to follow the forum rules. Please do not debate and provide opinions within discussions in the categories for facts. Thank you for helping to keep these forums informative and constructive.

Obama Care insurance did not decrease the premiums!

edited October 2015 in Obamacare Debates and Opinions Posts: 47
Tagged:

Comments

Obama Care insurance did not decrease the premiums! The premiums are the same.Yes,Mr. Obama had tax hikes.That money went towards another war in Iraq.I am looking for another country to live in.I don't like someone that calls this "affordable".Every American that needed health insurance got nothing but a big bill.The insurance companies make billions on Obama Care.The Federal government should investigate to find out what motivates him into stiffing every citizen.
    By limiting the profit margin for insurance company's and increasing the number of insured, basic economics tells us, by simple mathematics, costs of premiums will decrease.
    Secondly, the removal of pre-existing conditions will reduce the amount one pays out of pocket. Most company's pre Obamacare would require a 90 day probationary period before insurance was offered and if one went without coverage for more than 62 days they fell into the pre-existing clause. There is no synergy with this. Now having that removed it will reduce the anxiety associated with the whole process therefore reducing the amount of stress put on the population reducing the visits and medications.

• I don't understand why all the people that fall into the " not rich, but not poor enough to get state aid" aren't getting together and suing the government for this extortion! Obamacare is the definition of the word. Forcing us to purchase something from big insurance companies, with no price cap, then threatening us with big penalties if we still cannot afford it! If I get Obamacare for 200 or 300 per month, which I can't afford, if I ever do need a big operation, I still need to pay 20% ! Even if I could squeak the monthly premiums out, I'd be bankrupt in the end!!!!! Someone tell me something different?
    Thanked by 1Somuchforfreedom
    Obama Care insurance did not decrease the premiums! The premiums are the same.Yes,Mr. Obama had tax hikes.That money went towards another war in Iraq.I am looking for another country to live in.I don't like someone that calls this "affordable".Every American that needed health insurance got nothing but a big bill.The insurance companies make billions on Obama Care.The Federal government should investigate to find out what motivates him into stiffing every citizen.
    By limiting the profit margin for insurance company's and increasing the number of insured, basic economics tells us, by simple mathematics, costs of premiums will decrease.
    Secondly, the removal of pre-existing conditions will reduce the amount one pays out of pocket. Most company's pre Obamacare would require a 90 day probationary period before insurance was offered and if one went without coverage for more than 62 days they fell into the pre-existing clause. There is no synergy with this. Now having that removed it will reduce the anxiety associated with the whole process therefore reducing the amount of stress put on the population reducing the visits and medications.

You're right! By limiting the profit margin for insurance company's and increasing the number of insured, basic economics tells us, by simple mathematics, costs of premiums will decrease. However, private insurance is setting the premiums NOT THE GOVERNMENT. They will make as much money as possible and spend it like "The Wolf of Wall Street".Private insurance contracts are said to be contracts of adhesion because the insurance company drafts the wording of the contract and the insured simple adheres to it.I am licensed to sell health insurance in New Jersey.I tried to turn this lemon into lemonade.It's just a lemon.Obama needs to reform Medicaid.He is too lazy to do this.
    I don't understand why all the people that fall into the " not rich, but not poor enough to get state aid" aren't getting together and suing the government for this extortion! Obamacare is the definition of the word. Forcing us to purchase something from big insurance companies, with no price cap, then threatening us with big penalties if we still cannot afford it! If I get Obamacare for 200 or 300 per month, which I can't afford, if I ever do need a big operation, I still need to pay 20% ! Even if I could squeak the monthly premiums out, I'd be bankrupt in the end!!!!! Someone tell me something different?

You hit the nail on the head.I am with you all the way.Let the Federal government spend money like a drunk sailor.The next time the Federal government shuts down and Bob Moderator's paycheck bounces but still has to pay into Obama Care,the soldiers in Iraq are stuck there with no money or supplies. Maybe some other country takes over. Russia, China? Who knows what the future of the USA is. 
    Thanked by 1Somuchforfreedom
  • ObamaCare did not keep premiums the same, they went up tremendously for most people.  It has become an economic hardship because of the amount of money most folks are paying for premiums. It's robbery.  It really is. How they get away with it, astounds me.  How they sleep at night, I will never understand.  They have no hearts! 
  • It isn't Obama's fault. Its the states. Obama gave them the option of covering everyone and receiving huge subsidies or neither. The individual states are calling the shots.
  • That's part of the issue. Everybody wants to blame Obama. He is just one man, and there are individual states. There's more than one person in government, and he does not make the rules for every state. Many of these issues come from the state level, but let's blame the person who has been working to fix issues that the last president left the country in, who you were screaming "Yes, we can" with, and who has been working for the people who don't make that much money all along. I guess you need a scapegoat, and I guess that's what it means to be president.
  • Insurance premiums are never going to go down because it is something that we all need, especially, now that we will be penalized if we don't have it. The affordable health care act is so cumbersome that everyone will still be trying to figure it out when it's repealed by the next President. I was disappointed that small businesses were not incentivized to cover their employees. I think that may have made a difference on the premiums. Maybe in the next rewrite...
  • I agree that the blame is unfairly falling on Obama. I've worked at a Healthcare company in this department, and the premiums did drop, to the point it's actually difficult for said company to keep the policies. If anything needs fixed, it should just be modified, not repealed.